Wednesday, April 24, 2013

“Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.”


An important American writer, William Clement Stone once said: “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” These words describe and explain to perfection life’s meaning to me. What Clement meant by it is, that you must learn how to take responsibility of your acts, wether they brought wrong or great consequences. He’s saying that whether reality and the truth aren’t nice, we must face them. If we are ever stuck in a situation when we aren’t completely convinced, we must have the courage to stand up and say no. Doing what is right shouldn’t be done because it’s an obligation, or a path into becoming a role model, we must simply do it because it is what is right. Finally, he says that being courageous enough to do these three things, we’ll receive the secrets of living life righteously and flawlessly.
 I don’t consider myself the most adventurous and heroic girl ever, but I do know something about myself even though I am quite insecure sometimes: I am determined, fair, honest, firm and bold. These principles that Clement mentions, are always present during my day. Whenever I don’t want something, or don’t agree with something: I’m not afraid to say no. Wether the news aren’t the best, or my action’s results aren’t what I expected, I am able to face them and deal with them. I am also convinced to always do what is right, wether the circumstances make the right thing the most difficult, right is what must be done. And, wether my decisions make me stand alone, then alone I shall stand. In the end, I’m sure that ruling my acts by these principles will make me get far someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment